• In the Spotlight:

How do you remove facial hair......

I don't have a full beard or anything, but the hair I do have on my face is dark, so it's more noticeable. I can't afford lasor hair removel and was thinking of waxing, but I don't want it to grow back even darker and thicker. Any suggestions that have worked for you, and how often do you have to keep up with it? Oh yeah, I went and got my eyebrows waxed right before my wedding, and ended up with a few red marks that took forever to go away, so if I can avoid having those on my face I'd really be happy. lol

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 1:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Hello, I am a licensed esthetician. Waxing works, it is what I use. The experience you had with your eyebrows is not normal. A little redness is normal but goes away quickly. I recommend going to someone who has many years of experience & specializes in waxing. You should never go away with redness or sores, this is a sign the wax was to hot & they removed skin. I have never had this happen nor have I ever did this to anyone, it is inexperience. Your hair will not grow back darker, that is a myth, it actually over time is not as thick because it is damaging the hair folicle. The one method I would not recommend it shaving, once you do it ends up being a viscious cycle & there is nothing worse than having a five o' clock shadow! So, try waxing again just find someone experienced.
    Pumkin67

Answer by Pumkin67 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You can also try Nair, for the face. Worked for me in the past............
    mamalove371

Answer by mamalove371 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I just pluck the hair off my chin with the tweezers and it takes about 2 weeks for it to grow back.
    Rachael06

Answer by Rachael06 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE WAXING!! QUICK AND TO THE POINT.....PLEASE BE SURE AND HAVE YOUR HOROMONES CHECKED THOUGH---TO MUCH TESTOTERONE CAN SCREW YOU UP THOUGH........
    LiFeOVeRForTY

Answer by LiFeOVeRForTY at 12:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• you should try nair face creme!! or hair blech, that lightens the hair. both you can find at walmart and target and drugstores.
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2008