My 2 year was doing well with potty training now she will not go in the potty and does not want to try. I don't understand why. Nothing negative has happened to make her not want to that i know of. Is there something i am missing or is she being independant?

tinaaly

Asked by tinaaly at 1:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My youngest went thru the same thing. Just relax and don't push the idea, she will be ready before long. ( my daughter went about 3 months of not trying, then bam, full force. No accidents at all.) Hope this helps.
    mamalove371

Answer by mamalove371 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My daughter is going through the same thing it's like she just got bored with it. I got a kitchen timer and made a sticker chart that I hung above her potty. I set the timer for every thirty minutes and whenever it goes off I act excited and say time to go potty if she goes i let her put a sticker on her sticker chart. Getting her excited about it seemed to help alot.
    Amanda_87

Answer by Amanda_87 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008