I keep breaking out with boils. Anything I can do to keep from getting them?

I keep getting boils. They're very painful. I don't know what to do to keep from getting them. Or maybe its, what not to do? Any suggestions?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• Think about when you get them and what you are doing to see if you can pin point what is causing them, if you cannot figure it out maybe go to a doc, could be stress or an allergy, better to be safe than sorry <3
    stormy01

Answer by stormy01 at 4:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Most likely it is caused from a vitamin deficiency or food allergy/sensitivity. I used to get them until I went gluten free.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Eat raisins. It stops my boils.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 7:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't know much about boils - but I looked up some info for you - hope it helps:
    First of all - it is very infectious, and many strains are becoming resistant to prescription antibiotics. If fever is present, consult your health care provider immediately.
    Apply T36-C5 (Melaleuca oil) every hour to a developing boil. Some boils can be stopped at this stage. Leave exposed to the air if possible. When a focal head begins to appear, usually after a couple of days, use a sterilized needle to lance the boil and allow drainage. The release of pressure usually provides immediate relief of pain. Continue applying T36-C5 as long as drainage lasts. Soaking the site in a solution of 1 ounce Sol-U-Mel and 1 tbsp Epsom salts in a quart of hot water can speed drainage. Apply Triple Antibiotic Ointment to a soft gauze bandage and cover. Drink 2 to 6 cups of Melaleuca Herbal Tea each day. (continued...)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• continued...Take the Vitality Pack vitamins with Oligofructose Complex as directed (you can actually try these risk free for 90 days - if you are not satisfied return the empty bottles for a full refund). If redness and swelling does not disappear after 7 days, see your health care provider if you haven't already. Take ProVex daily.
    (this info is taken from the Melaleuca Wellness Guide) I hope this helps. Please contact me if you have any questions.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2010