you prefer to listen/watch audio/video files or read articles/text on a website?

Im in the process of building a website. When you visit a site do you prefer to click on links and read text describing things OR listen to audio files describing /watch videos describing things? If it helps, the context of this website is local metal bands and things related to that, i am doing "advice sections" that give tips on marketing your band, merchandising, setting up gigs/tours etc. things that go along with being in a local band and how to get your name out their so youc an go further than just a local act..so im not sure if i want to just make individual pages of text devoted to marketing,gigs etc. or make one general advice with brief notes on each topic and audio and/or video files for the big chunk of advice/how to's and tips. when you visit a site, what do you prefer? i put this in money/work because im going to use affiliate links on the site as well

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 4:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Can you do both? I like to read a short text description and then click on a link for a video if I want to see the information in a video.
    Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 4:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't like audio or video usually, because my hearing isn't that good.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 6:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I actually read a lot on the web. I don't get the newspaper or magazines so all my info comes off the screen. Ks_mom94 is right...this way it appeals to more peeps.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I prefer to read.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't usually like audio/video unless that's specifically what I've gone onto a website to do.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010