Ca Welfare to Work Program

Is anyone in it? Do you have good or bad to say about it? Did it really help you?

I have been unemployed for months now and am bankrupt but I have an orientation meeting this week to be in this program. I hope it helps me find a job since I haven't been able to on my own, I'm just wondering what to expect.

DonnaPinitonya

Asked by DonnaPinitonya at 5:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband is in it and it hasn't really helped. You are required to look for a job for 32 hours a week to keep your cash aid benefits and they didn't give him any kind of instruction on how best to obtain a job. They just expect him to figure it out on his own.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 5:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my hubby was not really helped in our state program in Indiana , he ended up finding a job through the internet himself.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had to attend something like that in OH years ago. All it was was a seminar lecturing us on how we can't expect to find a good paying job and then a one-on-one with a councelor who was very rude. It was pointless and like sherryb1273's husband, I found a job on my own.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• in WA is where I am and we have that and really it helps some people and others it don't matter because they already know what they are teaching and from there you get stuck with some real a-holes.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010