Foster parenting animals...

Ok, we had a young kitten show up at our house that was pregnant. She has since given birth to six kittens. They are about that age to be weined and we can't find homes for them. A neighbor has set up through an organization to have all these cats fixed and their shots given. But in exchange, we have to keep the kittens inside untill they are found homes. Would you become foster parents for animals even if you didn't have room or really the finacial means? The organization will help to provide food as well, but my husband and I are not sure we can do this.

Ks_mom94

Asked by Ks_mom94 at 5:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pets

• we did and cats are pretty low maintenance, other than fish, as far as pets go, you don't have to do much with em. If they are indoor pets, the vet care isn't as vital.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I do it all the time.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• We do it quite often here, too. People drop them off, and we keep them until they are fixed and we find thme a home. But we don't get the extra help. And believe me, DH is NEVER happy about it...or so he says. I would urge you to give it a shot. Kittens don't start major exploring for a few months. 2-3 months is when they start roaming a lot. So all you need is a small room for the first couple months.
    I would ask the place about how LONG you would need to foster though. Finding homes for cats isn't always a fast thing. Once they get to be about 4-5 months, it gets really hard to find them homes.
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 7:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'd love to foster animals, but we rent, so our dog is pretty much the limit, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• if they are helping with the food etc i would. hopefully they can also help find homes for them
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2010