Does anyone else live out in the sticks and there's nothing to do?

What do you do for fun when its wet and cold outside?
or money's an issue?
or there's no where to really go?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 5:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• you can only window shop the same 12 stores so many times. lol---

i know, right!! i just told my mom that very thing this weekend..i've been known to 'run to Hot Springs', which is 30mins away, just to shop, whether i buy anything or not..especially since school started and i'm home alone.
    i walk most days, right after taking ds to school. i bike, too. only now that the season is changing and the animals are coming out more, i'm kinda spooked to be out on the roads without a gun. i carry my dh's 9-iron most of the time!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• holy crap, ME! we just moved here in june, and i have yet to make any new friends..at least not enough to call one and say, 'hey, let me watch your LO for a while.' there is not local nursing home, i don't know how to can veggies myself, etc. i'm just darn lucky we have a local walmart within driving distance! so while i don't have an answer for you, definitively, i will say this: i've been thinking about learning how to knit.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Why don't you take some time to go to the local nursing home and read to someone, find a family in need of food and pool your resources, maybe teach a young mother to can veggies, find someone in your church who just had another baby and take her older child/children for a few hours to give her some rest...there is so much to do with your time. I have found the best way to foget your own problems is to help someone else. Not only that, but it makes you feel good inside and that my friend is fun.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 5:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i live in the heart of the DFW metroplex and there's nothing to do (unless one likes chain restaurants, malls, or bars). at least you can go for a walk lol.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You watch movies, play with your kids, play on cafemoms,clean house learn a new craft, read, there's lots you can do and then hope and pray that nice weather comes soon
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I live waaay out in the boonies. The longer I'm here, the less I like to go 'to town'. Sometimes it's boring, but I Iove to read, cook, bake.... I like to be doing, not sitting around doing nothing (sitting at my computer is something..LOL). My neighbor is going to give me some sewing lessons this winter. I have other crafty things I do, too.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Haha, there's absolutely NOTHING to do here - there isn't even a park. :(
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I live way outside of town too. I usually clean cook/bake read take the dog for a walk nap when the youngest is napping play with the baby...... This all usually goes on during the week while the older kids are in school. On weekends its a completely different story.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i am going stir crazy myself and my hubby has my car to go to work. i sit outside and watch the birds , or i stay inside watching tv. i am actually thinking of taking up painting as a hobby.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• wow, well i been riding my bike but there's only so many routes one can take in a small area before getting either: bored or tired. I did join a gym, but thats only an hour a day.

With the kids we go on walks or end up just driving around wasting gas hoping to come across something interesting. I can only sit in the house for so long, but thats what ends up happening. Like with the Walmart, you can only window shop the same 12 stores so many times. lol
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 6:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010