Myself

Not happy with myself, no matter what. I know I need to change, I am not getting younger. I am in the 40's. I need to figure out my life, where do i want to be after being a sahm for 16 plus yr, now divorced. I am just confused on what to do, where to go etc. Anyone feel this way? Any advice please share. I have never worked always had my husband to support me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• My aunt was in this same situation a while back. She knew no skills other than things she did around the house. She is actually working now with a local catering company and LOVES it. Just because you have never worked, doesn't mean you don't have any skills. Think about what you're good at and check into those types of places in your area. Maybe just getting out and working part time will boost your self-confidence.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 1:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• im the same way..........and when i do apply i do not even get a calll because i havent worked,,,,,I picked up a part-time job at a gift shop, but its actually causing more stress..(pushy bossy supervisors)...When im home im trying to enjoy the alone time ..I have been a SAHM for 13 years..
    Anonymous

• It's exhaustive seeking purpose, being unrecognized and now I suppose in your circumstance you may feel dismissed. Try to spend time on what you may have in life of value (people and such) and try to incorporate them more in your life if you can. You may find some motivating factor will just hit you out of nowhere to get you feeling worthy again. I hope so. It's saddening to hear your plight as unfortunately it is a common one. I feel this way, I also feel day to day either worse or a little better. I've heard advice of anti depressents and exercise but honestly I just get tired of people trying to help me get past it when I just want to be. A mourning peroid for placing the life you've known behind is allowed. The life you create ahead could be much better.
    Anonymous

• I know a old post but any other advice?
    Anonymous