The perfume does have a gender?

In old times, perfumery products (flowers, wood, spices, roots ...) were used interchangeably for a man or a woman because they were of exactly the same interest in one or for another, deodorizing, beautifying, seduce, sublimate, exposing its wealth (social rank), refinement or culture
In My opinion YES, i guess this question has a meaning. In our modern and western, the roles each, some tasks are still clearly sexual, even if the trend goes more and more balanced distribution of the different activities between the two sexes. Man & Woman are equal BUT NOT IN BEATY :))))

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 6:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• There are some androgynous scents out there (CK One comes to mind), but I do think that perfume/cologne is largely gender-specific. Men like to smell woodsy or sporty, women like to smell flowery or sexy. I don't think it's bad, I think it shows our culture evolving. Why would a man want a woman to smell like a man or visa versa?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• ya I think so. A guy can smell too girly (rosey or something). Course those guys play it off somehow (gave SO a hug goodbye before they left)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• there are certain smells that attract men better, and certain smells that attract women better. I like the smell of flowers, but it doesn't "turn me on", while a muskier woodsier smell is more likely to.

Most women find smells that are muskie, woodsy, fit a more manly smell. It's typically because men were the hunters.
    Women were seen as fragile, more delicate like a flower, so it seems to turn men on better.

I guess what it boils down to is sex. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• maybe i'm not awake yet, and i didn't get any good sleep last night, but i'll be darned if i understood what point/question you are trying to make.
    best guess? the more 'flowery' the perfume, feminine. you don't smell many men's colognes that are overly flowery. spices and woodsy scents CAN be more gender-neutral. IMO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• have a good sleep and make a caffe maybe u'll get my point of view dear ;)
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 6:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Man & Woman are equal BUT NOT IN BEATY :))))--

is this a town, or a typo?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• @ dullscissors : i mean Woman and Man are equal ; Woman is born free and remains equal to man in rights ( social , political...etc ) but they are not and i think they couldn't be equal in beaty, i dont think that your HB will put a gloss on his lips ? and hils while he'll go for shoping or to work !!! ?
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2010