Are you afraid to give your kids flu shots? Especially the H1N1 flu shot...

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 6:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• My kids and I will never get a flu shot; there are better, less dangerous ways to boost the immune system.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:04 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yes i am.. The only times DD & i ever got the flu, was after a flu shot. Maybe we did not get it FROM the shot, but IDK if it might have lowered our immunity. They always say it's impossible to get the flu from the shot. BUT, i have not been getting it the last few years & we have not had the flu in our house since then. I really think it's a money scam for pharmaceutical companies. They have to CHOOSE a flu strain that they THINK will be the most widely spread. So, it's not like it will completely guarantee a flu-less winter. There is just a small chance that you'll run into that strain anyway. I think it's just a big money scam. So many people i know get the flu shot but still end up sick at some point during the winter. I think it's best to just boost your own immunity. Eat well exercise & take vitamins.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No flu shots for my kids.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My son is not having a flu or a H1N1 vaccination. there is NO reason for it.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Not afraid. I just think they are unnecessary. I've known too many people that ended up in the hospital sick after having it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:40 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Not afraid. There is no reason for my children to have either of the shots. Their dad nearly died from the H1N1 shot last year. The H1N1 flu was overblown anyways, it wasn't as bad as they said it would be.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I choose not to get flu shots for myself or my kids - My family and I take amazing vitamins and have been illness free - NO flu - for over 3 years!!!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It is a huge money making scam and the shots are laden with Mercury! One of the deadliest poisons known to man is injected directly into our bloodstream-can that be good for our children? How do these manufacturers get away with this? They planted huge fear propaganda in the media about H1N1 and overestimated the demand-they couldn't GIVE it away at the end of the year! I actually think they seed the population with the strain they choose. I have noticed as a health practitioner that the flu incidences are much more prevalent when the vaccine is readily available.
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 12:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• None of us have ever gotten a flu shot, and never will.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my whole family got the shot and i also got the h1n1 shot while six months pregnant, guess what nothing happened no one got the flu and no one had a reaction to it either. I think that American people are becoming paranoid over every little thing.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010