birth control and periods.....

So the end of my first week of my pill I forgot one pill. I took two the next day like your supposed to do. A few days later I started bleeding from missing my pill. I bled for over a week. This past week was supposed to be when I got my "real period". I didn't get it. So now I'm nervous. Should I test before I start my new pack of pills just in case? I figured I would still get my normal period.

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 7:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor and explain what happened. he might say come on in for a blood test to just make sure.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 7:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That happened to me before and I wasn't pregnant... you just got your period on a different week.
    I used to take that kind where you wouldn't get your period for 3 months... my doctor told me that it was safe for me to plan my period... like if i was going on vacation I could have my period the week before or the week after just by taking the pills in a different order.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You should talk to your doctor
    jenniphee

Answer by jenniphee at 2:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would say no need to be nervous! When you miss a pill and double up it can cause this.
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thanks all of you...I took a test last night to be safe before I started taking my pill. It was negative! Big relief!
    Roisin07

Comment by Roisin07 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2010