What would you do? If you felt that your old man was lieing to you about something.

What would you do, If you felt for some reason your Other half was lieing to you about something? It could be something important like him cheating, or something small like him going to a friends house, instead of stopping at the store. What would you do to get the truth out? And do you think its ok to sometimes have secrets ?

MOMofTwo_99_00

Asked by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Always trust your instincts, that's why they are there. I would be disappointed in him and let him know. I'd also ask why he thought he couldn't tell me and try really hard to handle it well so he would start telling the truth.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 1:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I don't ever believe it is ok to keep secrets from your SO. There is NO exceptions. If I believed my SO was lying to me about something, I would confront him. I wouldn't be nasty, but I would say that something isn't sitting right and that if there is anything else he needs to tell me to go ahead and do so before I found out on my own.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I've suspected my dh was lying a few times. He's never cheated, just gone places when he told me he was going somewhere else. I call him on it flat out and demand to know why he was going so long and where he was. I get my answers because he knows its the only way to get his ass out of hot water lol
    Wounded

Answer by Wounded at 2:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would not stay in an relationship where I thought the other person was lying to me.
    trust is everything....without....you....have nothing!!!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• if i suspected it was one thing in particular i would try to trick him. maybe go to the extent to snoop but my husband has everything layed out up front so not much snooping could i really do. i would tell him i suspect he is lying about something and he should come clean cause you think you know what it is, just bluff. or if he doesn't tell you and then you find out that you will never be ever to trust him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• follow your instincts thats what i did . i wish i hadnt . i had acess to all his acounts on the computer and i went thru everyhting a few times including his phone . i felt he was lying to me and he was . thats what i did anyways
    Anonymous