My ex- is now being nice?

My soon to be ex husband (if he would sign) just found out I'm pregnant with my boyfriend... At first he said he was going to try and get full custidty of our 3 kids ...but the next day he and I talked and now he's being nice.....i don't know what to think?

Asked by Ajmomof4 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• My wild guess is that he feels he may lose his kids to this new BF who may accept him as dad more than him so he may be feeling out of the loop and staying on your good graces at least allows him a small window into his kid's lives still. Thats just a wild guess. He wants to stay "the Dad" and you BF is a threat to that status now since they will get to know him on a daily basis and your Ex only once in awhile.

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• see, its one thing if he was the only guys in your lives, even if periodically, but still the only Dad figure for them. But now... the playing field changed and he's got to change his strategy if he wants to stay a part of his kid's lives. So he went from a pretty relaxed feeling to feeling some constraint all of sudden. Again a wild guess.

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Keep your guard up!!! He may just be playing games with your head adn then when you think everything is fine and dandy he will attempt to Screw you over. I have been in a similar situation and no matter what I will never ever let my guard down when it comes to my children.

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• He may have realized that it would be very expensive to try and fight for custody? Maybe he met someone? Maybe he thinks you will change your mind because you can't get a divorce while you're pregnant? (In Ohio at least). It's hard to say - but keep your guard up.

Answer by Scuba at 8:29 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I still have a contact pfa against him and just took him for child support. He has been in the past trying to turn my friends against me even uses what my mom says to him and turns it around to work for him

Comment by Ajmomof4 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Just be nice back and pray he's matured. If it turns ouut he is just "acting" then you haven't lost a thing really. You will still have your integrity.

Answer by bjane01 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Be wary. My husband's ex will play nice once in a while but it's usually followed by a firestorm when she doesn't get her way.

Answer by BluDog at 11:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010