What would you do?

I have a house that is making me sick along with the kids I found 2 places I could rent but do I move and not pay morgage or do I try and find a place that I can afford the plus morgage my ex is only contributing 300 twards a1104 morgage payment and he lives with his mom?

Ajmomof4

Asked by Ajmomof4 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• ask him if he wants the home and give him the option to take it or u sell it
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I agree with navywife.. if you are not happy where you are at and could make ends meet somewhere else, then i would do that.. But get him to take the house back or sell it.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 8:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• But we cant sell it there is tomany things wrong. Just bought in jan and cant even sell for half
    Ajmomof4

Comment by Ajmomof4 (original poster) at 8:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Why is the house making you sick? Is there a mold issue? Black mold can be deadly, you need to have it removed if you stay there at all - or if you plan on selling it. Whose name is the house in? If you stop paying and it's in your name it will go on your credit which might make it really hard to get a place somewhere else (I would secure the place before I stopped making the payments on my house). To keep your credit good you really do need to go ahead and pay off the house. Maybe you could rent it out. If you do that look for someone who might be willing to work on it for a lower rent rate (but don't go lower than you can afford to). Good luck!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Can you try and sell the home first?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• need more info on why the house is making you sick? is it sick sick? or does being there make you feel sick because of the past? if its sick sick then i say you need to find out how to fix it.....but if its things that have happened there in the past then you can either sale the house, rent the house out or start by redoing one room at a time and making new memories in the house.....good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Didn't you have a home inspection before you bought it? How could it have gotten into such terrible shape in less than a year?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Excuse me?? You have kids? You've been paying the bulk of the mortgage and taking care of the kids too? Get a lawyer, sell the house buy a new one if you can (don't rent! you want to invest your money for your kids future). You don't want to ruin your credit by just letting it go and you certainly should not let your ex have it. That's money for your kids you'd be giving away. A friend of mine got a divorce, sold her house (which she could afford) and moved into a rental. That was years ago and to this day she still kicks herself for selling her house!
    spiritedbaby

Answer by spiritedbaby at 1:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• How did you purchase a house that could not pass inspection? I just don't get that.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Get a lawyer... and do right by yours kids... whatever it takes to make their health safe again.
    SUNFLOWER80T

Answer by SUNFLOWER80T at 4:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010