Does a cruise ship appeal to you?

Doesnt to me, but my DH is wild about the idea. I may cave one day when we're older just to make him happy but I not into it

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yes, I went on a cruise as a sophomore in HS I loved it!! I want to go on a anniversary cruise with my hubby and eventually take the kids on a Disney cruise!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The concept of a cruise ship appeals to me, but I have seen the movie Titanic. That thought freaks me out. Being out in the middle of the ocean where it's not that easy to get saved! And for some reason even though I know they are myth, I cant stop picturing those old photos of boats in the ocean being attacked by giant squid and whales and such!! lol. I think I may be an overworrier!. Oh yeah, and I get motion sick. Maybe that is the most real reason that I don't think I will be sailing the high seas anytime soon!
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yeah, go! You guys will have the time of your lives. On the one I went a comedian said "welcome to the world's largest designated driver." And it is. Cave in, cave soon.

keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My DH and I have been on several cruises, we loved them! I wouldn't take the kids (Disney Cruise, whatever) because to me it's more of a grown-up activity. Neither of us were seasick, it was very relaxing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No. I get claustrophobic every time I think about going on one. Now I know these ships are huge!! I don't know, just can't get past it.
    outofmymind26

Answer by outofmymind26 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My husband is the one who doesn't want to go on a cruise. He thinks he will feel trapped. These ships are huge. There is plenty to do, or you can sit in the sun and do nothing at all. I love a cruise. Fun in the sun, exotic locales, no one has to be the designated driver.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would love to go on a cruise but I am very afraid of deep water...so knowing that I was on the water I would probably be the only person on the boat walking around with a lifevest and arm floaties all week...lol
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Aaaaaahhhhhh....cruises...my FAVORITE way to travel. I've been on 11. We are taking the kids on their first cruise in November.

You cannot feel the ship move so it feels like you are just walking on dry land. If you are in the Caribbean, the odds of hitting an iceberg are, oh....slim to none, so no worries there! They also have lifeboat drills on the first day so you know what to do in an emergency and they have enough life boats for everyone- not like Titanic!
    The ships are HUGE and have a ton of things to do- casino, pools, spas, FOOD!, drinks, gym equipment, rock walls, lounges, art auctions, bingo games, shows, some have ice skating rinks, some have putt putt, running tracks, coffee bars, kids' activities, not to mention all the different ports of call you visit. We are going for 7 days and going to Mexico, Belize and Honduras. I'm sooo ready to go!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Call me crazy, but I'm afraid of being eaten by sharks--I'm completely serious! No cruises, no flying over the ocean... Yeah, I know that means no Hawaii...LOL My parents went on a few cruises, and they had a great time!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 9:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• LOL! My husband was the same....and I was not at all interested. We went on a cruise last spring, swine flu suddenly broke and we were not allowed off of the ship. The whole 4 days we bobbed around in the ocean. I will probably never go on another cruise. I felt terrible from the very salty food and had cabin fever so badly.

Most of the people on the cruise were very over weight or older so that regular travel would have been difficult for them. If you are either of those, then go.... otherwise go on a real vacation. To me all port cities look the same...shops restaraunts ect. I would rather STAY in the country and experience the culture than cruise and just visit the ports.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2010