Do you work from Home?

If yes, what made you decide to come home and if No, what made you decide to work outside the home :)

BeatriceSW

Asked by BeatriceSW at 8:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes I was lucky enough to find a job that allowed me to work at home. When I started (10 yr ago) I had 2 little children- 1 with special needs. It was nice to be able to have a paying job that had a flexible schedule to work around my family, and around my son's various therapy appointments.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Someday i hope so.I am unable to go out now and work in the real world.. oh that sounded bad. I am under a doctors order for no owrk for right now. I will be having back surgery at some point and time. Not sure what i will be able to do after that.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 8:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I worked out of a home office for several years before I had to stop (preggo complications). I was in sales, traveled a lot, and it was nice not having to "dress" everyday. I missed the human interaction of an office though. (I had worked in an office for 16 years prior). There's good and bad about both. I think when I go back I may go for an office environment again, unless I get an offer I can't refuse working from home.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

Answer by MizLee

What do you do? I would love to Telecommute for the federal govt or some business!
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes I WAH. For me it was a choice that I knew would be made when we had kiddos. I did not want them going to daycare or sitters and I wanted to be the one home with them all the time. I love my roll here at home and I love that I also contribute financially by saving us tons of money AND bringing in income. No brainer for me :-).

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 9:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I actually work both. Outside the home was never really a choice I had to support my son and myself. Then this past year my current s/o was laid off so we needed extra income and I found two at home jobs that tweeked my interest. I became an Independent Distributor for The Gourmet Cupboard because there was no start up cost and the products were nicely priced and good so I new they would sell. I became a consultant for LaBella Baskets because it looked like fun and was only $1.97 to try out for a week then only $19.95 a month so I new I could afford it even if it didn't take off right away!! Please feel free to pm me for more info on either one of these great opportunities to make a little extra spending cash!
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 10:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i work from home and love it. i have a busines and a job plus im obsessed with gpt click sites, such easy money. i have a blog with the best of paying survey sites and paid to sites.

earningsinabasket.blogspot.com
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, I have a Very Successful Business At home..I work here b/c it allows me to be free absolutley anytime I need be for runs to school, activities, Dr's etc. I have completel Time Flexability, I am my own boss, I determine my own income, and I goal set for our dreams on our time...Not working for someone else, on their time, and making them wealthy.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 32yoamom -- I am employed by a local company to key their data entry in my home.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I work from home. I sell Scentsy. Best job I have ever had!!!! I absolutely love working with Scentsy. I make pretty good money, and it's lots of fun!! When I had our first child, I DID NOT want to leave her with a daycare, or someone else. I wanted to be the one to raise her, and when she got older, we decided to homeschool. I have loved being able to make money doing something I really like and stay home with my family!!

https://my2scents.scentsy.us
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:40 AM on Sep. 13, 2010