Can you relax when your older kids aren't with you?

there's times I get a nervous feeling. I'm not there to keep the mean kids away, but i know, thats just the parent in me

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• It's the only time I do relax. I can't wait for them to get on that bus every morning and insist they play outside after school and on weekends. When they are outside or gone it's so quiet and peaceful in the house (they are 7, 8 and 10).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes. I like to know they are becoming self sufficient.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:29 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My kids can take care of themselves, really well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yes and no.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sure, but there are still times I worry, I think it's part of being a parent. Bottom line is my kids both know that they can call, not matter where they are or who they are with and I will come get them, anytime. When my oldest was younger she spent the night with my MIL for fun, but ended up feeling bad and wanting to come home. MIL would not let her call saying she would be fine. When I found out I was furious - she didn't spend the night there again for over a year (she didn't want to and I didn't want her to go). Since then she knows NO MATTER WHAT you call mom and I will be there for her.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Normally yes but last week I was a wreck. My son started school for the first time, & while he's been away from me for longer then 8 hours before, I was still worrying, & wondering.

But normally Im good to relax. I know that the people I leave him with are good people who might spoil him, but are going to take good care of it.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yes i do i know they have a good head on there shoulders and if they run into any problems they know they can talk to me when they are at home or on the phone
    foustjennifer

Answer by foustjennifer at 1:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• As long as I know where he is and can get ahold of him, I don't have any issues relaxing.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010