One true God

The Bible says there is only one true God, the Christian God. So does that make all other religions wrong? Even the ancient ones that came before Christianity? How do you now we don't all believe in the SAME God and just have different names?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• alright, I'm staying out of this one. But I am interested to see how Christians respond!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 2:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think it's highly possible that many religions believe in the same God. There are many, many similarities between religions....While many of the finer points are different, they could easily be one and the same.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I believe in one God, I just don't see God as everyone else does.
    IrishDruidMama

Answer by IrishDruidMama at 2:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• In the Christian religion there is only one God...in the Christian religion it is considered a sin to acknowledge more than the "one true god". Every religion is different and every religion has different teachings. I am Wiccan and I believe in MANY gods and goddesses. Wiccanism may not be the "right" way to Christians but it is "right" to me. That's all that really matters. If it FEELS right in your heart then it is never "wrong". It's really all just a matter of semantics and YOUR definition of "right" and "wrong".

To each their own.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• The Bible says there is only one true God, the Christian God. So does that make all other religions wrong?  In the eyes of a Christian yes.Even the ancient ones that came before Christianity?Yup How do you now we don't all believe in the SAME God and just have different names?They don't, no one knows, lol, quite comical

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 2:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• the bible is only one book... the god that i believe in is big enough to allow for people to find the path to him/her/it that works for them.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think any god that doesn't feel right to you is the false god. It doesn't matter if that is THE Christian God, the Jewish God, the Pagan God, or no god at all. If you are following a god that does not make sense to you, you are following the wrong god.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 3:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I believe the Bible. The Bible clearly says that there is only one God and you aren't to have any other gods before him. To me that means more then just other gods you worship but also material things..i.e. putting stuff before God.

I believe there is one true God, I don't believe we all worship the same God. Although, I do believe some religions to worship the same God that I do...just differently. Catholics, baptist, methodist, luthern...all believe in the same God.

Sometimes you just have to have faith in what you believe. AND if you're having doubts then the best thing to do is pray and read the Bible. He (God) will give you answers.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 3:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• No I am not having doubts and do not need to read your false book I know what I believe.
    Anonymous

• typical christians..."it's our way or no way"...lol. Has anybody noticed that christianity is a lot like tyranny?
    Anonymous