any one have their toobs tied and wanna give some advice?

i plan n getting my toobs tied on monday and i'm scared it's gonna hurt any one have any tips and how quicky were u back at everyday activities?

amanda638

Asked by amanda638 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Health

• After having my twins (I have four children) I decided to get my tubes tied. I did have a c-section so the doctor tied my tubes right after he delivered the babies. I did feel some discomfort and was given pain medication. Since this was my first c-section, I have nothing to compare to the discomfort of having my tubes tied. Emotionally however, I wanted to get my tubes tied after the procedure I felt depressed by giving my right up to give birth. I did not want anymore babies I just felt sad since this was final. Good luck to you

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• what are "toobs"? lol
    Anonymous

• I had mine done after our third. They made a small horizontal one inch incision below my belly button. I was sore for a few days in that area, but recovered pretty quickly. I have heard that there should not be any kind of bruising. A friend of mine was black and blue on her whole tummy and ended up getting MRSA that way. Best wishes!
    Anonymous

• Good Luck and you are fortunate - our insurance denied any type of assistance for this procedure. They are a catholic institution (only insurance offered at company) and disallow sterilization procedures or IUD. I pop pills that I fully pay for. It isn't right that an insurance company can force one's decision. But sorry, that's a whole different topic. Anyway.. best of luck, I haven't met anyone that has regretted having the procedure and have been told the sex gets better with the relief of not having pregnancy be a possibility. Heck, I still get nervous every month despite being responsible. Take Care, have a successful procedure and quick recovery!!!
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yes, i had it done. it wasn't bad really. you get back on your feet in a few days. if you have small kids let someone help you for a few days. i had mine done in 90 but i will tell you i got an unexpected surprise in 2000. that surprise is now 8. it happens rarely but it does happen. good luck. be careful.
    dixielover

Answer by dixielover at 3:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I had mine done right after I had my 2nd daughter when I had a C-section also. It does feel like a really bad cramp, for a couple of days. Just take it easy for a few days and let time heal you,but. unlike dixie, I didn't have any suprises, lol.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You might want to learn how to spell it before you do it.
    Anonymous

• I had mine done too and I was feeling the same way as mommiedear felt, I was sad,so make sure your positive you wan tthis done because to get it reversed cost a lot,and takes time to heal after that.Oh and you do NOT want a tubal pregnancy it WILL kill you. I get baby hungry a lot,heehehe it cant be helped,babies are so cute and fun!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008