How do you feel that God proves His reality to you?

I believe that Bible is a true account of history. I also believe that God can make his presence known to individuals today through his Holy Spirit. I believe that people often negate or confirm the existence of God by the conditions of the world rather than the conditions of their heart. I can feel God stir in my soul and direct my decisions as well as give comfort and support in times of need. When I was on the table having radiation dye injected for identifying the cancer that I was about to have surgery to be removed I had no doubt that I felt God's presence with me as well as during the delivery of each of my children. I feel that faith combines both trust and belief. For instance, some may believe that God exists but do not trust in Him. How do you know for sure in your own heart that God is real and why do you trust in Him?

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Oh gosh ... I feel His love all the time. His presence is with me everywhere I go. I love to listen to His voice. His precense isnt always something you feel. It is a knowing... when you have faith in something you cannot see and believe it. It is amazing. When I am at church, I see Him on people's faces, I feel the hot fiery love, other times its a gentle sweetness and other times a fragrance. When I see someone being radically transformed... that gives me great joy and delight to see the works of His hands like the Potter in a persons life, molding them, shaping them all for His glory! We are made for HIS glory! Wow we were made for Him and some people do not want that kind of love? That amazes me!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I believe the great spirit communicates to me through the birds chirping, the sound of the breeze through the pine tree branches, the sun, the rain, the first cry when my son was born, I follow a nature-based religion and believe "god" communicates through our natural world.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I feel God in the little things, like my child's laughter, a newly bloomed rose, or the simple exchanges of human kindness among strangers. Those things are little, yet powerful.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• How do you feel that God proves His reality to you? - The Christian God never did... so I found another beliefsystem that hasn't let me down!! I don't believe the Great Spirit communicates like this, the Great Spirit is energy, not a consciousness.

How do you know for sure in your own heart that God is real and why do you trust in Him? If you are referencing the Christian God I have to say that I don't trust in something that never felt real to me. I ached with all my heart to believe in him, but I never once felt his presence. So I moved on, opened my eyes and I believe and trust in myself now... and life got so much better for me!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• He never WAS able to prove his reality to me, because, after a long while, deaf, dumb and blind faith just wasn't enough for me. And there are no burning bushes, no pillars of cloud or fire, no voices from the mists on the mountain for ANY of us. That's why I am where I am. If you are going to be in a relationship with ME, you'd better SHOW UP for it !! Or I leave.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Just from feeling His presence and hand in my life. The relationship I have with Him. The way His love overwhelms me, and I see His glory in all there is....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• God does not prove himself to me. I have faith in His existance. Pure and Simple. But that does not mean I always follow His way or do things as He would like LOL . He makes it ubundantly clear to me when I have gone down the wrong path
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 8:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I find beauty in my family, earth, atmosphere, and knowledge and it is by a one creator. We are created by design and I know the science of our bodies are due to NO accident.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 9:39 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• He doesn't. Never did. Hence my agnostical atheism. If He wants me to believe, He's going to have to prove His existence. Don't care what anyone says, He does owe me that. Til then He doesn't exist to me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• "I believe that people often negate or confirm the existence of God by the conditions of the world rather than the conditions of their heart"

HOw could you possibly know anyone's heart?! Are you saying you are god? No one knows my heart, and I don't know anyone elses' heart. I do not know what your spiritual path is or how you got there. ANd I sure as heck wouldn't speculate as to WHY you believe as you do. You cannot possibly know anyone's heart, except your own.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010