Pagan moms: Dancing with the devil?

I was raised as a christian growing up, and never felt peace until I discovered how things really work. It was then I started to understand why I had no peace within myself, because they do not have a great understanding of how the universe works, and do not practice the same way we do.

So, I was wondering, what are your thoughts on them thinking that we are being "tricked" into being involved with demons and demonic forces? My grandmother would say that witches thought that they were worshiping good things, but it was the devil and his demons in disguise. Idk about anyone else, but I can usually tell the difference between something good and something of a lower vibration, and I tend to avoid lower vibrations as much as possible. Are they walking around blind? I fell they can't tell the difference, or don't want to...because of brainwashing techniques.What do you think? Why do they think were all involved in demons

Jacqui410

Asked by Jacqui410 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is rather annoying the utter ignorance some people have been taught concerning it. I had a woman come to my house for some frugal shopping classes. Now my house is not OVERTLY pagan by any means. but we have D&D role playing books on a shelf in the dining room. and while teaching my pendant fell out of my shirt for a moment. She fairly killed herself running out of the house and went back and told my "superior" how upset she was having been sent to a house of DEVIL WORSHIP. sigh
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 8:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think thats ridiculous. I dont believe in heaven or hell, so why would I be worshipping the devil?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:54 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• blacksheep: I've been patted on the head by two different people on 2 different occasions when religion came up and I shared my views. I live in a bible belt town. Really pissed me off!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yeah thats why I keep that stuff to myself and tell em what they wanna hear. Keeps the emotions in check and I can move on with what I was doing.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• One time this lady came in where I worked, and she had a penticle neclace on. Some people I worked with I could feel them kinda looking at her anf wondering ir feeling uneasy, and she could feel this too. Even tho no1 ever said anything I knew what people were feeling when they saw this. I felt sorry for her bc I knew she was feeling like people werent looking at he in a fair way...
    Jacqui410

Comment by Jacqui410 (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I can't stand the presumption that just because someone isn't a Christian they must be in cohorts with the devil. Most don't even believe the devil exists.

Honestly, its just a way for people to demonize what they don't understand and refuse to educate themselves about....
    Not that I'm implying you've done this, many are taught this by others. But if someone were to try to tell you what they really believe and you were to refuse to hear them out because you "know better", then it would apply... Not that I'm suggesting you'd do that, lol. I don't know what you'd do. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• First of all I don't buy into the notion of demons and demonic forces, the devil, etc. Yes there is negative energy out there, but like you a gravitate away from it. I do feel people are brainwashed and manipulated by fear with in their religions.  Why do they think were all involved in demons - because they are ignorant and close minded. It's sad and I feel bad for them really.

I personally don't feel "tricked" into being Pagan, I feel peace - like I have never felt before. It feels good & right. Being Christian made me feel guilt, fear, sadness, etc. How do we know that Christians aren't worshiping the evil, and they are the ones being "tricked"?? We don't... we all have to find our own way.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• People are ignorant and you can't controll how and what other people believe
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Because it's worshipping the gift (being our earth) rather than the gift giver. Not all (witchy) worship this way though. In Hinduism, there must be a balance between spirit & nature. We believe those that only worship nature, but refuse to worship the spirit are worshipping the gift rather than the gift giver which is negative in essence. That's the best way i can explain it. There are many Hindu sects that get involved in whitchcraft, although it is seen as a very negative thing to do. Through meditation & our own life force energy, we can accomplish anything & do not need any form of witchcraft. That being said, i know there are many different forms of earth worship. To me, our earth is the feminine aspect of god. But, i believe there should be good balance between masculine & feminine energy. Yin & Yang. There must be balance.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am not Christian, that is coming from my Hindu perspective.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2010