Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

what shound i do say at my job or sub for the school

i have a full time job working but i have to work weekendes and the dayes my girl goes to school i have no family to wach her on the dayes she is out of school i can sub for the school and what to try to get on full time with them but do not know how long that will take


Asked by starsis68 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 2 (8 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Go to your local school district website, there will be info on subbing there. I am a certified elem. school teacher in FL and subbed there some last year. It only paid about $55 per day, you did have to pay for your own background check and fingerprinting...about $75 I think it was. There you only had to have a HS diploma or equivalent. They did have a really great website system for the subs, all open subbing positions were posted on the website and you sign in and you could click on the job and sign up for it. Otherwise a teacher could call you specifically to sub for them. There weren't a whole lot of days open, a lot of teachers get a favorite sub and stick with that person. If you are in a large district there is probably a better chance to work more often. I think I subbed 2-3 days a week.

    Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Our schools just started requiring you to pay for your own background check and to get your finger prints on file at the police department. Not a big deal, but to pay for it all you have to work a full week and will only earn about $25. On top of that, they use aids instead of calling subs when they can and so many people sign up for subbing with the grand hopes of working a full 70 days (which is all you are allowed in one district) and in reality they might work 30, for the whole school year. If you have a job, I would keep it.


    Answer by scout_mom at 8:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Huh?? You have to find out what the rules are in your state regarding sub's... you may need to be certified or licenced to teach. Talk to the school system.


    Answer by Morgain at 8:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • All the school districts around here require that you have a bachelor's degree to sub. Do you have one?

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • i have sub in two schooles in the caffatera two differnt school districtes and thay asked me to come back but i cant leve my job to sub and you have to sub to get on full time

    Comment by starsis68 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010