cristmas

How much will you spend??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• sorry...christmas..
    Anonymous

• Every year both my husband and I set a budget and make a list for whom we are buying for. We do not have too many on our list other than family members...so it is about $500-750 for close friends kids and family, but for my kids..no limit, I get them what they want...they work hard all year long in school, get good grades and are great kids...(with in reason though).. Times are tough for everyone these days, so I know many people's christmas will not be the same, but you, we all have options and I chose to have my home business to make extra income so our lifestyle would not change, instead be better each year. I hope you have a nice Christmas. Feel free to email me with any questions.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Nothing... Christmas/Yule isn't about the gifts. It's about the family and spending another year together... My husband and I MIGHT get the kids one gift each but that's it... We prefer the gift to be the family togetherness time and not the stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'm gonna get some books for the kids and maybe 1 family gift. As for nieces and nephews I buy one outfit and usually a toy but this year it will be a book. I'll try to keep it under $20 per kid. I guess in total I hope to spend about $300 to $500 on everyone in my family and my hubbies. I cut out my aunts and uncles a long time ago because they understand I'm cutting costs. it's to hard to shop for everyone plus it would add another 14 gifts to my list.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 2:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Usually around $700 for our 2 kids, my 5 nieces and nephews and 2 cousins. We only buy for the kids.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• We try to get one thing that they want more than anything else, then get some other stuff.
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I do all my shopping on Black Friday and I love it. I usually get away with only spending a few hundred dollars. I get each of the nieces/nephews and my cousin's kids a couple of the movies movies they put on sale for Black Friday and whatever looks cool for my kids. There are always candles and blankets on sale that day that I keep on hand for "emergency gifts". I also get some of the appliances they put on special to keep on hand for graduation gifts. I love that day...I just love it! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My husband's family rotates who has who between the brothers and the sisters. This year we have a family that has 10 kids plus the 2 adults. I'd like to spend $50 or less, but they expect us to get everyone an individual gift. We'll be lucky if we can get everyone (including our family) under $200. That's more than 20% of our income. I'm not at all happy about it :(
    EricaAbbott

Answer by EricaAbbott at 12:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I haven't spent a dime this year. I either work for the things we get or win it. I do contests and I also sell things that we have had here that were bought in bulk about a year ago. Since these things became inventory and a store was laid out in my room, I had to do something with my time as a mom of four.

So, since that is the case, why not.
    In other words, the money that was used to buy the things being sold, goes back into things being bought. (kinda a nonprofit thing)
    lia7704

Answer by lia7704 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2008