Can I somehow report this to FB?

One of my dh's friends on FB has somesort of computer virus that sent all his friends messages and when my dh opened it it sent all his friends messages and one of them was me who unknowingly opened it since dh didn't tell me, than I go on FB this morning and it says I sent all my friends these messages. How do I stop this?

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Entertainment

• Change your password first off, then go to the bottom of the page and click on 'contact us' link and alert them.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Those go around all the time - you just have to post on your FB that people should not click on a link from you and you will probably have to clean your computer. Hubby picked up one of those about a year ago and even being the IT geek he is, it took him a full weekend to get our machine cleaned. Good luck.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• First, post on your wall and let your friends know it is spam and to not open it!

Then check their help options for a place to report it. http://www.facebook.com/help/?topic=security
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 8:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i changed my password and it stopped
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• And I agree with PP's, definately post on your status for people NOT to open the link. :)

What is the title of the message so that the rest of us know if we recieve one?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, you definately need to advise everyone. We had a virus and had to have Best Buy clean ours up, we didn't know how to clean it and we had a warranty anyway. I chg my password frequently.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You definately want to report something like that to FB. And when you do change your password, change it to something that isn't easy to guess and uses a combo of letters and numbers. You might also want to use symbols and well and both upper and lower case letters. After the virus is removed, you'll want to change your other passwords as well.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010