pre-natal vitamins

Do you think taking these without being pregnant may help me feel good???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• yes. are you trying to conceive? if you are not, a multi vitamin will do fine. My mutli vitamin is Vitamin Shoppe brand Ultimate Woman. It is just as good as my prenatal (which is Rainbow Light), but a bit cheaper.

I notice that when I don't take my multivitamin, I just don' t feel as good.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• nope!  your body will only absorb about 10% of the processed vitamins. Change your diet to include more fresh fruits/veggies, give your body the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients naturally, which is the truely the only way the body can absorb these things- give your body a full color spectrum diet on the fruits/veggies. That way your body gets all the nutrients it needs, to help balance your system, and to help you feel better. The more processed foods you eat, the more artificial sweeteners you consume, the worst you feel. These things actually cause chemical imbalances in the body that will make you feel lethargic, depressed, etc. Also, drink WATER- people don't realize that these simple changes can change everything about how your body works. If you would like me to share more, send me a message, I will share more details of what I have learned about nutrition over the last year - it is quite crazy!!!

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I hear that pre-natal vitamins are good for you even if your not pregnant. I have been contemplating including them into my diet. After reading THIS article I think I've made my decision.  Talk to my doctor first.

mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 3:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2008