When do you feel the baby?

I am 6 1/2 months pregnant. I feel the baby kicking inside me, but my boyfriend cannot feel him kick. I rest my hand on my stomach and it feels like I can feel the kick, but I am not entirely sure because it is my body.
When can someone else feel the baby kick normally?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 2:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ME AND MY HUSBAND FELT OUR SON MOVE EARLY BUT WITH THIS ONE I CAN ONLY FEEL IT MOVE ON THE INSIDE NITHER ONE OF US HAS BEEN ABLE TO FEEL IT MOVE JUST BY PUTTING OUR HANDS ON MY STOMACH BUT THE THING I WANT YOU TO TRY IS YOU LAY ON YOUR BACK AND PULL YOUR SHIRT UP SO THAT YOU CAN SEE YOUR STOMACH TAKE A CELL PHONE AND LAY IT ON YOUR STOMACH AND YOU BOTH WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR BABY MOVE ME AND MY HUSBAND DID THAT ALOT IT WAS VERY ENTERTAINING THE OTHER THING I WANT UP TO DO WHILE YOUR LAYING THERE IS JUST RELAX TURN THE TV OFF OR WHATEVER IS GOING IN THE ROOM AT THE TIME AND JUST HAVE HIM PLACE HIS HANDS UP THERE AND YOU PUT YOUR HANDS UP THERE TOO AND TELL HIM THAT HE WILL FEEL THE BABY MOVE AND WHEN EVER YOU FEEL BABY TELL HIM SO THAT HE WILL KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR ....MOST MEN DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TRYNE FEEL SO THEY SAY THAT THEY DIDNT FEEL IT WHEN THEY REALLY DID AND THEY JUST DIDNT KNOW THAT WAS WHAT THEY FELT LOL
    armywifeNmom513

Answer by armywifeNmom513 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My hubby was able to feel it around then. Here's something you can do. When he's most active, and if you're able. Both of you take your shirts off and you lie behind him with your tummy against his back. He should be able to feel it. My hubby loves that. His kicks will get bigger and stronger and soon your bf will be able to SEE the baby kicking.

MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It depends. My hubby only felt the baby once. because your baby knows exactly when its a different hand touching your belly. So its possible that your BF has problems to feel it, because the baby doesnt move when he is touching your belly.

but the bigger the baby will be (almost at the end of the pregnancy) you will "see" your baby kicking... then he will be able to feel it too :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It depends. You can feel it because you know what you're looking for. Someone who's had a baby would probably be able to feel it before someone who hasn't (talking about someone other than yourself). My husband felt our son a few times before he realized/admitted what he was feeling; he kept insisting it was just gas. But it couldn't be consistently felt by other people until about 7 months I think. Try putting a remote on your tummy while the baby's moving around and let him see it rocking; my husband got a big kick out of that (no pun intended).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• lol, this is a tricky question for me to answer. My son would kick and roll and bounce all over in there, and everyone got a kick outta watching him roll around in my belly (if you haven't experienced that, it's like your entire insides shifting from one side of your stomach to the other lol really funny to watch), but whenever anyone would try to feel him kick, he would stop moving. Like he didn't want anyone else to feel him move.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008