Most of the topics aren't gender specific so what difference would it make if we got a male perspective at times?

As long as they contributed in a positive way, I wouldnt care (they may already for all I know, which makes the rule all the more moot to me)

People are so against it yet there's alot of moms that aren't very nice here either so why the heck not? lol

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 9:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don' t have a problem with men on this site if they were asking parenting advice but I can see why it isn't allowed. CafeMom isn't just about parenting and letting men in would make it just like any other social site out there and I don't like any of them. However thinking that CafeMom is safe from men is just blind stupid and some women take the hatred of all things penis far too far especially when sections like Answers are totally public and anyone including men and children can read the questions and the head guy in charge here at CM is actually a guy and there are men who work for the site all over in the public sections including the games. FB people can post in both answers and The Stir. Answers at least requires that them to be a mom but in The Stir, men are welcome to sign in under their own names and often make the conversation interesting, not to mention there is at least one Blogger who is a man.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sorry Cafemom makes the rules. NO MEN. and honestly it makes it a much safer sharing environment for the many women who have been or are being abused etc. there is just too much woman sharing on there and bringiing in men would make many women who NEED to open up, close up. Not to mention, mixed sites just get soo annoying with the private messages wanting to flirt and talk dirty.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think it has to do with the questions that are personal, like questions about bodily functions, etc. Plus, when people share info about themselves and their body or family, they're trusting that they're sharing with a female. There are just things that another male doesn't need to know about us.

That and this is CafeMom. There's a dad equivalent. There are groups in here, too, this site isn't just about the Q&A. So if you let men in, where do you draw the line? There are groups that get into deeply personal things, that only share things because its assumed that men are not present.

I honestly don't see why a man would want to be here, and I don't think the site would be what it is if men were allowed. I know I certainly wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it if they were... Its nice to feel like we can have a place just for us.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my hubby answers questions sometimes
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• true OP there are no deeper checks. But I like to think that MOST men would be here about 2 minutes and run screaming from the insanity and drama
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would not come on here if it was a mixed site. I feel like those types of places are a minefield for a marriage, whereas here it's just girls chatting. I know there may be some guys on here, but they can't be out in the open and looking for love, so it's not dangerous IMO
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm sure there is men out there lurking.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well, that's just how the website is set up. What you suggest sounds like a group for both parents. If that's the case, the website would have to be called CafeParent because it would be open to both moms and dads. And we would have to know who is a woman and who is a man.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• @blacksheep.... I hear ya there, but thinking about it... who'd know? Its just typing. There's no background checks when we sign up. I dunno, I hear ya, but I always keep that in the back of my mind :)
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't share much with strangers of either gender. Having boobs doesn't automatically make someone worthy of trust (to me). Thats just MHO.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010