Worried that I might have a blighted Ovum

I've posted this question in a couple groups but I like to get as many opinions as possible. I had an ultrasounds last week at 5 Weeks and 3 Days. All they saw was the gestational sac, no yolk sac or fetal pole. The doctor seemed concerned and I have another ultrasound this week, I will be 6 weeks and 2 days. My HCG level last week was at 5000+. Not sure what it is now but I feel very pregnant, nausea, sore breasts, frequent urination, the works. I have had no cramping or bleeding and I'm 6 weeks today. I have been reading about blighted ovums and I'm worried that maybe that is what I have?

ChanceMom01

Asked by ChanceMom01 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know sweetie. But I sure hope not. Keep us updated.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• For me at five weeks three days all they saw was a yolk sak. When I went back a week later, there was a baby and a heart beat. I was 6 weeks 3 days. I think every thing will be fine. GL!!!
    MentorMel

Answer by MentorMel at 11:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• GL momma
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 5:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I went in for my ultrasound this morning, nervous and scared as I could be since we saw nothing but the gestational sac last week and my doctor was so negative, but there it was, the yolk sac, my little bean and a flicker that was the heartbeat!! So beautiful to see. I'm so relieved and so happy. I was afraid there would be nothing there again.
    ChanceMom01

Comment by ChanceMom01 (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010