Sperm vs. EWCM adult content

I don't have a period because I just got my IUD out. But I am tracking CM. What is the major differences between CM and semen? I had sex last night and this morning after a BM (TMI TMI) ick! I pulled a long stretchy wad of mucus out. It was whitish like semen but I was able to pull it all the way between my fingers before it broke. So what are some other ways to tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• EWCM will not dissolve or break down in water. It will remain a blob. Sperm will change between gooey and liquidious. What you had this morning is CM not sperm...unless you just had sex. Sperm does not stay thick very long.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My DH's sperm stays thick and slightly stretchy inside me for about 24 hours. The only for sure way of telling if you have EW or it's DH's ejaculate is to take a glob of it and put it in a glass of water. If it sinks to the bottom but does not dissolve, then it is EWCM. If it dissolves or comes apart it is ejaculate.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 2:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010