Mixed age classrooms?

Would you put your child in a classroom that serves 6 weeks to 3 or do you prefer the traditional infant classroom, older infant, toddler, etc.

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say it depends on how many kids and workers there are...
    I would be nervous of the bigger kids being too rough around the littler babies but if there are enough workers then its probably ok... of course if there were enough workers they'd probably separate the kids in the first place.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My biggest concern with that age spread would be illnesses more easily transferring between the toddlers & infants because they would be sharing so much more (toys, teachers, etc.). If staff is rushed, they may not take adequate time to wash up between children, it would be harder to keep toys clean & relatively germ-free and what's to keep the older ones from sneezing, coughing, etc, on the little ones?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My DD has been in that type of environment for 3 years. She went to a home daycare, and the woman and her asst. cared for ages 6 weeks to 6 or 7 years. It all went fine.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010