Should they extend the Bush era tax cuts to the middle class only?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Depends on where they want the employment rate to be. Tax the rich is a great theory. Here's the problem as I see it. Many of those rich people own small businesses, the very people our president has harped on helping and rightly so. They aren't going to accept less money in their pocket they're going to lower their expenses. They will spend less and hire fewer people.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• They should extend ALL the tax cuts, not just for the middle class. It's ridiculous to think that the "higher class" needs to foot the bill for everyone else. I wish we could get the flat tax - everyone would contribute the same percentage of their income. It's the fairest way - but one not very popular for some reason.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• YES I THINK SO THERE SHOULD ALSO BE TAX CUTS FOR THE LOWER CLASS,
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• John Boehner says he may go along with it, I wonder if this is what the CAN pass..

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Why should 1 class continue to foot the bill? I think the tax for the lower classes should be RAISED. Everyone should pay something..and you don't pay taxes just because they take money from your check. You only PAY taxes if you don't get back what you pay in. Everyone should have to pay something even if it is just $20.00. We all use the services of the country don't we?

The biggest problem I have in raising taxes on the evil rich people is that you are really raising them on small businesses. Spare me the arguement from the other day.....I actually gave an IRS table that proved my point..it's not my fault you can't read it.

When was the last time a job was created by someone on welfare??

Okay, let the bashing begin!! :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• NO!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 9:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• WASHINGTON – Senate Republicans will oppose any effort to renew soon-to-expire Bush administration tax cuts if upper income taxpayers are excluded from the reductions.

A spokesman for Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell says the KY republican has pledges from every Senate Republican to filibuster President Barack Obama's plan to allow the top income tax rate to rise back to almost 40 percent on family or small business income over $250,000.

If Republicans stand together, that would deny Democrats the 60 votes they would need to push the measure through the Senate.

Just Sunday, House GOP leaderJohn Boehner said he would support renewing tax cuts for the middle class but not the wealthy if that was his only choice.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010