3d ultrasound

MY BOYFRIEND THINKS IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY TO GET A 3D ULTRASOUND. THE PACKAGE I WANT IS 185$.
WE DON'T HAVE ALOT OF MONEY, I CAN PAY FOR IT IF I BUDGET. I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY BABY STUFF BUT I HAVENT HAD THE SHOWER YET SO I WILL SEE WHAT I GET.
IT IS MY 1ST CHILD AND I AM 26 WEEKS HE SAYS JUST WAIT THE FEW MORE WEEKS TO SEE WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE.
I DONT KNOW IF I AM BEING IMPATIENT OR IF I WILL REGRET NOT HAVING THE ULTRASOUND.

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 2:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think the one I had was worth EVERY penny. We got the same thing $185 and the same package as you described. My little guy wasn't big enough to actually "see" what he was going to look like but it was the best thing we spent money on. I thought it was so much better than just a regular ultrasound.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 4:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• did you mean 4d ultrasound?
    Anonymous

• i think it is a waste. because the regular ultra sound is awesome and how much are you actually going to watch it anyways? i'd save your money for things you will need that you will not get. some things you are not going to get are very expensive, also. like what if you dont get a car seat? you have to buy one of those or you cant go anywhere with your baby in the car.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 2:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• WELL IT IS A 3D/4D ULTRASOUND.
    THE NORMAL ULTRASOUND IS 2D.
    THE PACKAGE I WANT IS 30 PICTURES AND A 20 MIN VIDEO OF THE BABY. 4D IS THE MOVING PICTURE APPARENTLY.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would say that it would be good if you have the extra money but not if you still have to get the big things. That 185 dollar ultrasound is a stroller/car seat combo! I'm in the same situation. I'm having my third, I've never regreted not having it but i thought it would be nice to get a peak.... you just have to think about if a peak is worth that much money
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• youll regret not getting it,my opinion,you have a chance to see your baby while in your stomach while others cant.
    && it would be so nice to show it to your child when he/she grows up :)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• put the $ towards something else. your BF is right on this.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• the cheaper packages are just as good.. you probably wont need the 20 minute package, soo if you can go for cheaper, i would do it..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I ont see why people do it. I dont have alot of money but even if i did i wouldn't do it. I'm not patient enough to wait to see the sex but i want to be able to wait to see what she looks like if you know what your baby looks like what is there to look foward to? crying and changing diapers?
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 3:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i dont think it is..my husband got us 1 when i was like 27 weeks and it was wonderful..you just have to wait til you get into your late stages..then we got a deal for $100 off so we got one more when i was 31 weeks...it shows you alot ofhtings..
    s.bryant

Answer by s.bryant at 4:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2008