oil is donating heavily to the tea party?

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08/01/the-new-house-tea-party-caucus-where-its-members-get-campaign-c/?icid=sphere_politicsdaily_inline2

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The money has to come from somewhere...not saying it should just come from anywhere though! I have no problem with oil money, this is one of the few industries the US has left. I will have a problem if the donations become a quid pro quo type thing that end up hurting the country. There is a very fine line between big business donations and quid pro quo problems.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• There are a few people/ parties interested in the Tea party to be their spokepeople...

They have already hi-jacked the movement

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It bothers me a little bit, I'm not going to lie. Doesn't seem very grassroots.

It was at a point, but like most other things that get big....they get expolited.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• quid pro quo

You don't think big oil is getting something out of the deal?

The Tea Party will be the new lobby for them

If it is truely to remain grass roots and not an arganized party....why accept money? shouldn't it be self funded?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:04 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I understand your concern lovin, but it will take a lot of money to change things. We just have to be very very careful of where the money comes from and what their expectations are.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Why can't a grassroots movement get funding from large groups sweet? Large groups are made up of individuals aren't they? As I said before, there is a fine line. In the political arena, the fine line is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easily blurred. I said this long ago, the TPM was a initially a good idea, but  the ideals would be tainted if big $$$$ got involved, grass roots would go out the window and the pandering  would begin-

BIG $$$$$ backing= favors will come due=pandering to special interests-

Those who are not being rewarded by that special interest, are NOT impressed. Politics as usual-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, quid pro quo. Do you need me to define it sweet? I would have thought that you of all people would know what it means.....Obama hasn't done a thing that wasn't a quid pro quo. Where did I say they wouldn't get something?

Quid pro quo's aren't always a bad thing. I have several such arrangements with my businesses. I give a deep discounts to a private school and they in return give me free advertising. I give free items to a large therapy clinic and my items are the only ones they feature in their on site store.

Where oil is concerned I would think the quid pro quo would most certainly be a relaxing of some regulations that have had a stranglehold on the industry. I am from a big oil area and the fed govt bankrupted our local economy.

It is all in WHAT is done...a fine line.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Why can't a grassroots movement get funding from large groups sweet? Large groups are made up of individuals aren't they? As I said before, there is a fine line.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

and accepting money from big oil and some of their other backers is crossing it for many of the priginal TP

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010