slumber party ideas

my youngest daughter will be 9 yrs old in december and we are planning on a birthday/slumber party with mostly cousins who are all girls and this will be the first time ever for a slumber party, any ideas?

indjan

Asked by indjan at 2:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think princess sleepovers are so clich. Fun, yet cliche. I love to cook and my 7 yr old son loves to assist me in the kitchen anytime he can. I suggest creating some type of "cooking" sleep over where the girls revolve the sleep over around watching,deciding and preparing meals. Hope it doesn't sound lame.
    dreambeliever04

Answer by dreambeliever04 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I remember that time of my life & just having a sleepover was fun! We would get our sleeping bags & pile up next to the tv & watch movies all night. My mother would let us make a homemade pizza & pop popcorn. Great movie with your best girlfriends & a pile of goodies is always a hit! Don't forget the chocolate ice cream!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 2:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Don't forget makeovers...nail polish, make up, costume jewelry, dress up clothes
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My dd had a slumber party for her 9th birthday too. They played with make up, watched movies, ate junk food. I also got each of them a plain picture frame & got them stuff to decorate the frame with. ( Glitter, rhinestones, paint, etc...) Then I took a picture of all of them together & printed them each a copy to go in their frame. I also bought cheap white pillowcases & let them each design their own pillowcase with fabric paint & fabric markers. Was a big hit! Good luck!
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yeah, they ususally do their own thing, i always look for ideas and they just want me to go away. but if you have music that is fun to dance or make up dances. and i try to have foods they can snack on and help theirselves to, i like the sleepover party better than planning the others.
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 4:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• We had a manicuring party for my 8 years old. We rented a manicuring machine called iNail. It gives you a manicure with cute designs. It was really neat.
    All the girls loved it and it was a blast.

Check out their website for more info:
    www.iNailParty.com
    lizfriedman12

Answer by lizfriedman12 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2008