Has anyone else went through the situation of others telling you whats best for your kids, and you ended up suffering detramental consiquences for "folding into their opinion instead of following your own?

Like a custody battle with a child?

dreambeliever04

Asked by dreambeliever04 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• No because I would never let anyone offer me advice on raising my own children.
    Anonymous

• I have learned a long time ago what works for me may not work for another. People mean to be helpful telling you what you should do with your child. I do what I feel is best for my child. Others may get annoyed and that's okay. Don't judge until your in my shoes!!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think we probably all have at some point in our lives. It's so easy to do but I'm very careful what I choose to do that involves with my children now. It's been a while but~My Stepson & a friend of his said something to another person & COULD of hurt her feelings if she had overheard. I was told that it was more of his friends fault more than my sons so we just set my son down with a serious talk & he got a way without a punishment. I should of did something more so that he understood that there are consequences for his actions. As far as the girl would have been concerned is that she would have heard two boys saying things that they thought were funny & NOT who's fault it was.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 2:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i tend to be a door mat when other ppl give me advice although i dont agree with it..i usually speak my mind but these last few years i dont knwo why i keep my mouth shut and especially w my children..most of it is w family, His family..i wish i had the balls to say 'back the fuck up'
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2008