Obama is the most anti business president, perhaps in American History?

do you find forbes to be a worthy source?
do you agree with this article?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd say that Forbes just about hit the nail on the head with that one, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Forbes is usually non-partisan, they present good data. I don't know if Obama is the most anti-business president in history, yet, but he is certainly pretty close. I have been absolutely shocked at some of the policies that are being presented - I don't think that man has ever taken a business course, or worked in the real world.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It may seem incredible to suggest that the anticolonial ideology of Barack Obama Sr. is espoused by his son, the President of the United States. That is what I am saying. From a very young age and through his formative years, Obama learned to see America as a force for global domination and destruction. He came to view America's military as an instrument of neocolonial occupation. He adopted his father's position that capitalism and free markets are code words for economic plunder. Obama grew to perceive the rich as an oppressive class, a kind of neocolonial power within America. In his worldview, profits are a measure of how effectively you have ripped off the rest of society, and America's power in the world is a measure of how selfishly it consumes the globe's resources and how ruthlessly it bullies and dominates the rest of the planet.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Honestly OP, I didn't need Forbes to tell me this.....but I agree completely. We just loaned Mexico a billion dollars for offshore drilling..I have 2 problems with this..1 WE ARE BROKE and the money we loaned is borrowed...2 It's okay for Mexico to drill in the gulf but not us...guess Americans don't need a paycheck unless it comes from the govt.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes, I do trust Forbes when it comes to business news. This part of the article summed up my feelings exactly:

Theories abound to explain the President's goals and actions. Critics in the business community--including some Obama voters who now have buyer's remorse--tend to focus on two main themes. The first is that Obama is clueless about business. The second is that Obama is a socialist--not an out-and-out Marxist, but something of a European-style socialist, with a penchant for leveling and government redistribution.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes I agree. And quinn that other questionm was just sweet puitting her spin on it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Im not too into politics, I don't stay updated but from what I have read/heard I don't think he has a business mindset. I think we have had presidents who are very Business Business Business and I think Obama is on his own agenda, seems to be more of an emotional push over. Don't get me wrong I like the change, but we, as a country, need someone who is more in the middle, between strict business and emotions, that way we can have rational decisions being made.

But this is what I always think of. I can't only blame Obama, there is a process of people he has to get approval from and if they gave him the approval then he's not the only person thinking this way, the majority of senate/congress/reps are thinking the same way. For all we know he's doing things on the LOW just like other presidents. I can only assume.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• And now I am seeing where Newt got the idea for his comments that were brought up as a subject of another question:

An odd choice, certainly, as an inspirational hero. But to his son, the elder Obama represented a great and noble cause, the cause of anticolonialism. Obama Sr. grew up during Africa's struggle to be free of European rule, and he was one of the early generation of Africans chosen to study in America and then to shape his country's future.

Funny, it makes so much more sense in this context than it did in the other question in this forum.  I guess it really didn't have anything to do with race after all.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thanks for linking that article, lovin! It was a great read and very eye opening. It certainly helps paint a bigger picture.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Every article can seem like an opinion piece. I think that what I find interesting is the history and information that the journalist took from Obama's own book. I didn't know some of the things that were brought up. I am not saying I would put 100% stock into what is being written. Personally, I feel that he is the most anti-business president mostly due to the fact that he has only held public sector job and hasn't actually had experience running a business. He considers running his campaign as running a business, but even then he (and all candidates) have campaign managers. While they might sign the checks, that doesn't mean that they know a lick about their bottom line and who gets paid / how much / for what. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010