How do you get toothpast out of carpet, its blue and it's sticky on light tan carpet

leave it to my boys to make a mess. Toothpaste out of carpet? Any answers?

Mrs.Faith

Asked by Mrs.Faith at 2:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Water, just plain ole water. Get a wash cloth, soak it and press down on the area - don't rub it in! If you do, it will just go through to the backing and padding. Keep rinsing the wash cloth and dab at the spot.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• let it dry and then it will crumble off. if there is any left after you do that, snip the rest off with sissors.
    norasmama

Answer by norasmama at 2:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I agree to just sit there with a brush and water and scrub it til it foams up and wipes away. I'm sure it will take several attempts but I think that would keep it from staining.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes, what they say. Also, dust a little baking soda on the carpet and scrub until no more bubbles. If the blue doesn't come out--get a little OxyClean---I just discovered the stuff--The only thing it cannot do is become icing for a cake.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2008