Panic and Anxienty..... adult content

http://forums.webmd.com/3/anxiety-and-panic-disorders-exchange/forum/3908

I posted the above on WebMD. If it's not too much trouble, please look at it, and reply back. Thanks.

misskrissie

Asked by misskrissie at 9:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• Hi hon, read it. sounds soo much like me when I first developed anxiety and panic . Your dr is doing great addressing all the physical possabilities and great suggestions on things to help lower the stress like excercise, proper nutrition, cutting out caffiene, etc. But you have really got to have the mental side of the anxiety looked in to. For me I had to learn to stop worry ing about EVERYTHING. I had to learn to let go and just do the best I could and trust that things would turn out right. But I needed help with a therapist to achieve it. the meds you are taking are only a stop gap. they are not addressing the underlying issues in your mind that are creating the physical symptoms. I would get a referal to a therapist to work out what you are stressing on in your own mind. HUGS honey.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Try keeping a journal. Write in it every day, good and bad things. Also, be careful with the clonapine.(sp) My son took it to help him sleep (Rx from doc) he's ADHD and on meds, but it made him throw up. It's a blood pressure med. I tried Klonapine, again prob spelled wrong, but it made me sleepy. I take Ativan, it works really well for me. But, it's addictive, so the only doc that will prescribe it is my psychiatrist. I've never had any issue with addiction to it, but I don't take it that often. I take a low dose, and it doesn't make me sleepy. It really helps with the anxiety though. So maybe talk with your doc about that one, if the anxiety med you take now isn't helping, then there is no point in taking it. With my anxiety, I get a heavy chest, my head pounds, I have a heard time breathing and my heart races. My lips start to tingle, and some other things. Nothing in particular brings it on. Therapy hasn't worked. cont
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• But that's not to say it won't for you, so work at it. But a journal may help, so try that, too. Writing it out may really help. Also, try things like lavender oil, aromatherapy can work wonders. Also, talk with your doc about trying melatonin. There is a melatonin that also has L-theanine in it. L-theanine is an amino acid. It is a mood stabilizer and helps with anxiety. Some stores sell it by itself. Talk with your doc about that as well. It just takes time to find what works for you, so don't give up. I know it's very scary and frustrating. The breathing techniques can take some time to get used to, to work. And there are a few different techniques, so some may work better then others. Do some research, doing the techniques with soothing music may help. (I took a stress management class, and we learned about this kind of thing.) Seems there is a genre of music called baroque that is good. But do some research on it. cont.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• But before trying anything over the counter, do research on it, and talk with your doc AND a pharmacist.
    If you feel you really need to get in to see your therapist or whoever sooner, call them. Tell them it's an emergency. They should be able to get you in. There are ways to manage this.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2010