He is away

How do you handle it when he is away? what do you do? Do you ever feel jealous..like we shld be away not them,,,,,,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I just try and stay real busy and my kids pretty much keep me busy. My husband is currently deployed for 15 months and has been gone only 7 months. I don't think I ever get jealous though. I just get frustrated with the situation and wish he was here. But either way I am proud of him and support him 100%. It does have its moments where it is hard but I wouldn't change my life for anything.
    Anonymous

• I was completly jealous when my husband went to another city for training for his job. He got to stay at a nice hotel and eat our where ever he wanted while I had suddenly become a single mom. I'm a stay at home mom anyways but I had never realized how much I needed him to come home in the evenings to help with our son. Suddenly, I had no break. I tried very hard to stay busy and I planned speacial things I could do with my son each day, but it was never easy. Try to do something for yourself that you normally wouldn't do while he was there.
    jrb920

Answer by jrb920 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I just miss him.... and I find something mindless and time passing to do like play my Nintendo DS. If I dwell on my yearning to be with him it makes me throw up so I have to occupy my mind. I DO get jealous when he's having fun... and it makes me sad

MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Well, why is he away, and where is he and how long is he away?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• oh boy... i paint the house... LOL ask him... every time he goes away I paint! oh yea but i trust him 100%
    NoshnBasket

Answer by NoshnBasket at 4:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Write him a love note everyday. It'll help you verbalize your feelings and he'll read what you feel instead of just hear, it'll sink in better. (Also, I paint! Yep, the house looks different every time he returns! ha ha)
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008