Is this true? Why would we want to vote this person to the most powerful office?

Perhaps there are SOME out there who are beginning to get 'the picture'. The following is a narrative taken from Sunday Morning's televised 'Meet The Press'. and the author is employed by none other than the Washington Post!! Yeah......the Washington Post of New York and Los Angeles Times fame!! Must say that I'm dually impressed..................

From Sunday's Televised 'Meet the Press' Senator Obama was asked

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• pah....I can't wait for november 4th
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 4:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• about his stance on the American Flag. Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Sun, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama
    to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to the Senator that according to the United States Code,

Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. At the very least, 'Stand and Face It'

Anonymous

• cont:
    Senator Obama Live on Sunday states, 'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we as a Nation of warring people, should conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam, whereas peace prevails. Perhaps a state or period of mutual concord between our governments.
    Anonymous

• cont:
    When I become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from
    disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice. My wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past, many years ago. She has her views and I have mine'. Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put aside my hatred. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path of hope. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America.
    Anonymous

• how is acceptance a bad thing???

how is peace a bad thing???
    Anonymous

• This is untrue! Check Snopes.com It comes from a satirical column by John Semmens

craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 2:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• where did you get this? i can't find it.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Why is snopes.com always an answer for Obama people I'm not saying its not legit but what about this website makes it more reputible than others????
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• And yet many people want this man, who "doesn't want to take sides" to lead our country and defend it against terrorists?? How can you even begin to trust a man like this? How can you put the fate of our country in the hands of a man who will not stand up and fight if need be?
    Anonymous

• "My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America."

Ahhh, yes. Change is indeed coming to our great country and it won't be for the best. There's going to be a lot of disappointed people who are crying in their cornflakes when Obama's plan for "change" isn't quite what he represented during his campaign.
    Anonymous