What would you say are the most common stereo-types of both Democrats and Rebublicans?

Are they accurate?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Dems bash instead of giving facts. Bashing when they have nothing left to even try and prove. I just posted an article about Dems new plan to bash Republicans because they know they can't win on the facts.

You say Republicans bash too. Well, kinda. It goes something like this "You are crazy if you think you can spend your way out of a recession" !
    Wow, that's mean. LOL To bad it's true :P
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I see stereotypes all thye time here at CM. (By the way, it is just one word,not hypenated: Stereotype)
    For example, people assume that if you vote Democrat you are also Liberal. NOT true. I am conservative about thing such as morals and standards of behavior.
    I believe people need to wait to have sex until they are married and I think drugs such as marijuana should remain illegal and only used for medicinal purposes. I believe that we all need higher education to have good jobs and to have a solid future and take care of ourselves and families so that we don't rely on the Government for PA. BUT I do believe in choice as far as abortion and I think everyone shoud accept that gays are not sinners and that they should be able to marry. I am a combination of many philosophies. And I am a bit discouraged with the Democrats BUT still glad I voted for our President..
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No. they aren't at all, especially now.

A lot of people see republicans as uptight traditionalists with a stick up their bottoms, and liberals as tree huggers without morals. That's not at all true...

I've been called a tree hugger- I'm extremely traditional...(I like the rolls of men in the workplace and women at home, but I don't believe anyone should be forced in to those rolls), and contrary to what certain posters believe, I am a conservative. I believe so strongly in Conservatism, that to me, government should be small, even if it means that things I don't necessarily approve of morally are legalized, such as marijuana.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:37 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I see stereotypes all thye time here at CM. (By the way, it is just one word,not hypenated: Stereotype)"

Thanks. The one word just never looks right to me, I don't know why, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think the stereotypes with Dems are that all Dems are on PA, have a sense of entitlement, tend to not use facts when debating,etc. 

I am Indep Liberal.  I only use facts when debating.  I have never on PA and just b/c I am pro-choice does NOT mean I am for abortions.  It means I do not want the govt in my uterus.  Something you would think Rep would agree on.  I have some the best debates with Dems b/c most do not use their religion, do not get emotional, etc about the issue.  I am for people making decisions for themselves and what is best for them and their family.  If someone wants to be a working mom-more power to her! If she wants to sahm- more power to her!

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That's interesting because I feel/see that with all the Extreme Republicans I know...much of their "facts" come from reguritated nonsense from Fox News...I am not a total Liberal either but I feel like Republicans don't really have the facts either...let's be honest all politicians lie to get what they want...unfortunately we have to decide which one is being more honest...lol
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• republicans are white, racists etc....hmmm I'm an african-american pierced, tattooed, single mom...i definitely don't fit the stereotype of a republican.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010