to the lux ? it was not ment to be mean or cruel

i am in poverty i was just wondering what others thought it was not to judge those who are

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 10:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• For what it's worth, I didn't think your question was cruel or judgmental, I've seen this debate topic come up in some politicians agendas; some are saying that cable and Internet are a "right" and should be government sponsored. I don't believe that, but I don't think that those in poverty should be judged if they have them. My mom always had cable for us because it was literally our only entertainment.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I didn't think it was a cruel question. It's just a controversial one. Alot of people on P.A. get defensive whenever the topic is highlighted, and alot of folks not on P.A. have strong opinions about how tax dollars are allocated. That's all.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If you don't want to be mean, don't use the cap lock. In internet speak, that means you are shouting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I didn't take your question as mean or cruel. Those who did just jumped to conclusions before realizing where you were coming from. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• sorry DS was playing with key board when i was typing
    navywifemomkoch

Comment by navywifemomkoch (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am not sure what question you are referring to but I think this is a topic that makes people crazy. Those that are on it seem to get really defensive and some get downright ugly about it. I have seen those on the other side get really frustrated and sometimes down right ugly. I have been there. I was on FS and medicaid and WIC. I have lived in Apts where my rent was determined by our income. And I was not PROUD of this I did it because we got in a situation where we were in NEED. And while we were on these programs we had no cell phone, no cable, no Internet, one car, and ate a lot of hamburger helper! I think the biggest problem I have with people that are on it are when they sound entitled to it.....and everything else!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think that there should be govt HELP (not total support) for food, warmth and shelter......THATS IT No cell phones, cable...ect. We need to start cutting back on all these programs and THEN there will be MORE money for those in NEED!!
    momof030404

• I didn't think your question was rude. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010