What could you do to be a better person?

What is one change you could make? Or more, if you'd like. :)

Personally, I think I could do more volunteer work. We donate money, but I think that time donated is often much more valuable. As soon as my son is able to contribute rather than make it more difficult, lol, we'll be volunteering our time, especially considering I'm a SAHM. I feel like I've lately done very little to help others, and I don't like it.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can improve in many areas of my life. It's ever changing. Some days I am more tolerant of everyone, including my kids LOL. Some days I give of myself more. Some days I am more compassionate.
    It varies so much. Which is why I strive every single day to be a better "me".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• What mother doesn't need more patience? ;)
    I could also work trust, and humility, and love of others. You can never have enough love for others!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I could have a lot more patience
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 10:54 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm always working on personal growth... More positivity, less negativity... More spirituality, less anger...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Have a better attitude

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Tolerance and acceptance of those with different views.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wish I had the means to do more. I'd love to volunteer at an animal shelter, to foster animals (and kids!!!). Its something we're working towards, so for now I'm having to be happy enough to have plans. I don't drive, and we don't have a lot of extra money, but one day... One day I hope we'll be in a position where I can do all that I hope to do. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Honestly I dont know. I am a work in progress. I already volunteer, donate and teach freely what I know. I think the only thing I really need is more patience
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 11:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• One thing I really miss about work was that every month we could sign up for some kind of charity work- like tracing patterns on quilt squares for Project Linus, volunteering to help the girl scouts sort cookies at the warehouse, walks for various things like cancer and heart disease and even helping out with Christmas parties for children at hospitals and schools. It was fun and nice knowing you made a difference and my kids loved helping out as well. Being a SAHM now, there are times when I feel like I should be out doing something to make a difference instead of just sitting here being bored. I think after I have this baby, I'll look into it and try and find a variety of organizations and charities to help out with- I'll have to take baby with me, but what better way to teach love than to have your child see it in action!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Id love to volunteer more or donate more but as is that isnt doable at this point in my life...perhaps later.

The main thing I need to work on is patience. Ive lost a lot of it lately.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010