I appaerntly didnt get the memo about todays topic of the day.....

why didnt i get the memo? that it is treat the poor and those on welfare like lesser beings day? who was in charge of sending out the memos!?!?

BlacksheepSati

Asked by BlacksheepSati at 10:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Where have you been? That's everyday.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Really?! Once you've exhausted the FF mothers and religious activists, that's all that's left, LOL
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• lol Jademom07!! No kidding huh!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:54 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• these things come in cycles on cafemom . I must not have been watching my cafemom lets feel better by putting down the poor week on my calendar
    LOL
    BlacksheepSati

Comment by BlacksheepSati (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't get it either. If I had, it would have been returned to sender. :)

People need to get off of their high horses and realize that with one little misfortune, they could very well be in the shoes of those they put down so adamantly. And I am SO sick of the whining about "their taxes going to pay for someone else's food". Guess what? my husband and I pay taxes too, and we don't get welfare, BUT I'm not so selfish that I'd rather kids go hungry than a tiny part of my taxes go to welfare programs.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• didn't get it*
    LovingSAHMommy

• Some people just suck.. But I'll give all of em a piece of my mind for sure! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• it seems like every group gets their chance to be picked on, come on later at night, all of the drama usually goes away and we focus on mommy issues more than anything else.

On that note I need to get to class and I will be on tonight.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Didnt you hear? Poor people aren't allowed to use the internet, buy potato chips & their kids aren't allowed to have birthday cakes!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I haven't seen posts that are that rude. I think most people just feel that if you can't afford extras then dont buy them. Too many people are milking the system . I would never treat anyone rudely or less than for needing assistance but I think for many people on assistance it is poor choices that got them their and a sense of entitlement. Im sure their are alot of people who need help due to some unforeseeable circumstances. That is what the system is there for. No one should be punished for needing assistance but sometimes when people go to work everyday and they see people abusing the system after awhile they get sick of being used. Giving away stuff takes away peoples drive to go get it themselves. Our system is broken adn encourages people to stay on it instead of helping themselves.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010