what is the simplest way to achieve the "smokey eye" look?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i apply eyeliner as usual on the upper and lower lid, then take an angle brush and smudge some purpley plum color to my top lash line and smudge it in with the liner.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I use greys and blacks when I want to go smokey, but I've seen great looks with browns and purples as well. I apply the grey to my lid, and black liner on upper and lower lids. Then I use black shadow to thicken the liner on the top, and with a thin brush I apply it to the bottom. Take your time and stand back and check the progress every so often. Its easy to get raccoon eyes. Oh.... make sure you don't go crazy with foundation on your lower lid. I found it makes it more likely to smear and run.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• DROWNINGINBOYS SAID IT BEST HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE "MAC MAKE-UP" ARTIST IN YOUR AREA YOU CAN GO THERE & THEY CAN DO IT FOR YOU FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE MAKE-UP. SOMETIMES MACY'S HAS A SPOT FOR THEM IN SOME OF THEIR STORES. THEY ARE GREAT @ WHAT THEY DO AND THEIR MAKE-UP ARTIST DO RUNWAYS SO YOU ...IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER. HAVE FUN!
    Anonymous