Do you agree with this statement?

Do you agree with this statement?

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things ... Their number is negligible, and they are stupid."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Aha!! Ike was the last Republican I believed in. A good man. Too bad they can't find another Ike. After Eisenhower, the party went down the tubes.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Agree

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• AGREE
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I agree.who said that?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• ITA :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I loved Ike....the last republican president I actually really liked. It seems now they embrace the crazy, uneducated candidates.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• we are being bankrupt by the federal reserve not stupid programs. the federal reserve creates money out of nothing and then adds interest that is why the dollar is worth nothing. maybe if we would get rid the the federal reserve and then we might see some good. oh that's right JFK tried to get rid of it and then was shot darn..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• JFK tried to get rid of the Federal reserve??? Wow. No wonder they shot him. ANd the fact that he wanted peace with Russiana and Cuba ,too. The war-mongers hated him.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Not entirely. IMO~Our nation does not need to take from entitlement programs that have been mis managed for 20+YEARS, and re-allocate to fund other programs. There is no guarantee that SS will be in place when my generation retires, yet we are forced to pay into this ponzi scheme based on essentially, a 'wing and a prayer'...  Our nation does NOT need to EXPAND entitlement programs when it can't even guarantee the financial future of programs we already have had in place for many years. The same programs that today~are hemorrhaging more cash than they are 'taking in' ~ with NO guarantee of revenue to fund these programs in sight...  POOR mis-management in the name of 'social entitlement', and no one is willing to stop expanding, attempt to fix it and make it more efficient.  I guess "some" have the, I paid into it and as long as I get my check, who cares 'mentality'.. tsk tsk...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Agree
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010