What political party are you a part of, and are there any things that you don't follow that "your" party traditionally does?

For example, I'm pretty conservative, however, there are issues on which I'm pretty liberal. For one, I see no problem with welfare programs, as long as there are limitations. I think that they do more good than harm. I also think that marijuana should be legalized, and I'm for gay rights. What about you?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was a conservative NOT WITH THE NEW PARTY. Could never be a liberal. They do not make since, they want to help the poor, but everything they vote for hurts the poor, and can't see that. I'm for helping people but hurting others for it no!

I'm closer to Libertarian now. That is Less Government.

The parties are NOT same as they where years ago.

I WILL NOT PICK A POLITICIANS THAT THE PARTY IS PUSHING. THAT IS HOW WE GET A PUPPETS!! wake up people
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I dont vote along party lines. I choose the candidate no matter what his or her party afifiliation is, that I have researched and feels bet suites the job.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 11:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm a Republican who's pro choice.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am a moderate Independent. I think the system is in disrepair- The election process is for sale and only certain folks are allowed to bid on the prize. No matter who is elected there are ramifications d/t to the needed "Pay back". It's a very divisive system-

Lots of things I disapprove of- waste, excess, violence, entitlement, self-centered behaviors, lousy schools, corrupt practices-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I no longer register as a member of a specific party. I have views that could be seen as "all over the board", but I go with what feels sensible, responsible, and moral to me, no matter the circumstance. I got so sick of people of the opposite party immediately judging me without first asking what I believe, and I got tired of my own party expecting my beliefs to fall in perfect line with theirs, 100% of the time.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm a Republican, I always look at the other candidates, but I don't think I've ever not voted for a Republican president. (Congress and Senate I have). I'm pro choice, and I support our gay community, but I'm a lot like my other conservative friends. I think it's really only the "far right" that hold strong negative views on those issues.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I research any candidate I think deserves the "look" then I vote for the best person for the job. I pay no attention to the advertised Party affiliation. Although there are several "deal breakers" for me that almost always exclude extreme conservative either side. Such as : gay rights, reproductive rights and separation of faithand position.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Unfortunately, I think we (those who are very interested in politics) are in the minority. Many people (likely the majority) of voters do not do their due diligence prior to elections, and I believe many just vote for a recognizable name....so frustrating.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think that they do more good than harm. I also think that marijuana should be legalized, and I'm for gay rights. What about you?

I think those stand are more truly conservative than anything. If you really want small government, that includes putting aside your own moral prejudices.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I dont vote along party lines. I choose the candidate no matter what his or her party affiliation is, that I have researched and feels bet suites the job.

^^THIS^^
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010