Are the virtual assistant jobs legit. I was given a couple of sights and really do not know what is involved with them. How many differnt sites are good ones?

Dolotuc

Asked by Dolotuc at 11:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Be really careful of those - try the BBB, as well as googling the company name. A friend has been looking for work, she visited a bunch of websites and didn't find one that was a real job. Best of luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm sure that would vary on a case by case basis. Are the sites business you recognize? Are they located in your home state? Otherwise be careful.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• There are tons of scams out there, talk to someone who's actually worked with any company you choose to try out. And never never send any money to anyone for a "job". I've tried lots of work at home sites, this is my list of legit companies: Earn Money at Home

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The thing about that is yes there is a list of companies that hire for that type of work, but when they do have an opening, for every one job that is available, there are literally millions of applicants. There are companies that do some outsourcing as well. Just remember, never pay anyone money. Some of the outsourcing places do charge for drug tests and background tests, but even that, I won't pay for. Here are some more lists for you to search:

Call Center/ Customer Service

Companies that hire for Telecommuting Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I looked into being a Virtual Assistant. I went on the BBB site to find a legitimate company. I did find one, then I paid $59.99 for a year to find a company that was hiring. I didn't find anything. Most of them were looking for people in certain states. I live in California, and I none were in California at the time. It seemed a little harder than I thought it was going to be just to try to find a job. I'm sure there are some out there, but I didn't find anything. I did get some money back, but they kept $14.99. I wish I wouldn't have spent any money on that. I love doing what I do now!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I work online for extra income. It's not going to make me a millionare, but it helps me with bills and paying off debt. Extra Income Online is my list of legit sites (all of them are free!)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You should never have to pay to work. I occasionally take on VA projects; I find them through networking or referrals.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010