When do I start my Birth Control Pills?

I have never been on birth control pills before ... i went to the doctor and she gave me Loestrin 24 FE ...i am kind of confused as to when i should start taking it some people have told me wait till the sunday after you get your period but i think the doctor said i should start taking it the first day of my period ...i just dont know when i should start taking it?

JessicaMadison

Asked by JessicaMadison at 11:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• It doesn't matter you can chose to be a sunday start, or a first day of your period starter. It will still be efective as long as you take it every day at the same time. But if your dr said to take it on your first day then just do that.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• usuall all doctors tell you to start on the sunday... don't know why.. but you really can't go wrong your body will adjust...
    SUNFLOWER80T

Answer by SUNFLOWER80T at 11:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• listen to the doctor, call the doctor back up for any questions. Also the pill may take a few months to work right so use condoms.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Honestly, either of those options should be perfectly fine. However, if you are not sure, call your doctor's office!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would do what the DR said and always make sure that you take them for atleast 2 weeks so that they are in your system before having sex.
    MistressMinerva

Answer by MistressMinerva at 12:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think they just say to start sunday because most packs start with Sunday as the first pill of hte week. You can wait until Sunday and keep the days in the pill pack right, or if you can keep track of them a different way, start another day.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Oh and also, you need to take the pills for a whole pack cycle before being protected against pregnancy.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010