Why are you online soo much?

If you women have several kids and are SAHM, how can you be on the net all day and night long and NOT be neglecting your kids? Also why do you take advice from some stranger and her experiences? Why not do a google search for a medical site for answers? Seems more reliable than some strangers experiences.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• my kids are grown and NOT living in my home. I am neglecting no one and nothing being on here. How is it YOUR business what I'm doing on the net anyway's? You the web police?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Why is it your buisness??
    Anonymous

• Seeking comraderie has been a part of the human behavior for as long as men & women have been in existence. In this modern day the Internet has been able to provide more people with the much needed socializing they are missing in their hectic life. It fits into their routines (while kids are napping, doing homework, after household chores are done, after out of the home work, etc) It works for many. It fills a void for those like myself whose children are grown and gone. It helps us connect with the world. For those with disabiities or can't get out, it levels the plane. I think it's wonderful that so many young mothers nowadays can juggle a full workload and find time for herself seeking advice from strangers. They can always verify the information with an online search but this way is more personable and makes we old women feel useful and valued again!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Because being a SAHM isn't as time consuming as others would like you to think. I have machines that do everything for me, they washes and dry things like clothing and dishes. I have a machine the cooks dinner (crock-pot) and I have all these children so I can use cheap (child) labor to do all the rest. Thus my time is freed up to do what I want...which is to set in-front of this computer screen....

SERIOUSLY NOW: My being here doesn't effect my kids. They are well taken care of...often when I'm here it's because they are in the back yard playing away.... Believe me I'm only an earshot and eye-shot way....I know what my kids are up too..... Also seeing I do have these machines that do the washing often I'm just waiting to load and unload.... LOL
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Some of us work from home and in order to make a living to provide for our children we are online all hours of the day and night. Just because we are "online" does not mean we are sitting in front of the computer. It may show that I am online from 6:30 a.m. until 11 p.m. but in all actuality I am not really on the computer but a total of a couple of hours and most of that is either at night or while the kids are napping. I do come back and forth through out the day to check emails and search for recipies and/or advice on things. Don't judge until you have been there :) I have found that out the hard way many times.
    AmeriplanMom

Answer by AmeriplanMom at 1:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Why are you here? Where are your children? They must be being neglected as we speak!!
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• First of all because we are SAHM's we definitley do not neglect our children! Did you ever think that we get on here when our children are asleep, or maybe they're in their swing right next to us. And what makes you think we take all of these suggestions literally? I know for myself, I compare answers or I just like to know if I'm the only one who feels a certain way. A lot of us research stuff before we give advice. Here's a piece of advice for you.....think first!!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 1:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• hahahhahahah! momto1727 hhahahahah
    motherdearest

Answer by motherdearest at 2:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2008